Worthless Creation
Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Faith And Mission

Bear with me ... I am soooo lazy at the moment. Sleeping had been my vice as for now (and yehey I seldom drink and barely smoke).

Yesterday I just knew that a friend of mine will be joining a missionary trip to China. I asked her if she's persistent with that and she said "Yes, even if it would take me anything good". I told her "Why? As if you haven't experienced anything good as of now?" and she was speechless by that. I told her that she will miss my birthday, her birthday perhaps, Christmas in her home, or any "good" company outings.

Our conversation lengthened when I felt that I want to cry. She told me it's okay to cry, but I hanged her up. I wanted to cry because I remembered that I had been to missionary trips before when I was still a devout Youth For Christ. I cried because I turned down my friends because I turned down my faith, and my mission as a member of the music ministry of the group. It's good that I have strength now to regain what was lost to me, but for that I still failed my mission (which I don't want to post here).

So what's with my faith? It's good to hear that my friend's so devoted to her faith, while I myself always is a devil's advocate. I had been trying to hide my past, the past which I don't want to turn back. I'm so glad for my friend .... and will always be proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home