Worthless Creation
Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sacrifices

Last October 25 was my birthday, one birthday in which I thought it would be the gloomiest day of my life, but it's really great that my KPC Dotanian friends made my day complete (the party started 9PM and it was good), not to mention that they're the ones who made my month complete (the island-hopping-spree, DOTA, drinks, Videokes).

I haven't posted much for now because I am kinda "busy" with stuff. I am now working at our mornings (and I kinda missed the moon). This is due to my "sickness anxiety". I am doing all my best to do my necessary check-ups. I already went to a dentist (I need to have my molars fixed), a cardiologist (and I had an ECG exam - and it went fine), a nutritionist (DIET DIET DIET). Next will be the Lipid panel, Thyroid Panel, Diabetes check, Chest XRAY, and 2D Echo. I feel better and better everyday, but still I need to finish it. Right now, I am still having this "sensation" on the chest part (I haven't done the chest XRAY yet, and I am thinking I might have broken something due to my gym sessions).

Currently with me being the dayshift, I feel bad about this decision. I had a colleague of mine (which is a good friend) sacrifice himself just for my personal-health's sake. He really wanted to have the shift with me since May when I was feeling sick (because of my eyes and high systole level), but I accepted it by the mid of October. I feel ashamed because I feel selfish that I am sacrificing him because of me. And to think, he's not used to work as a nocturnal, and sad to say he has a family to tend to. Right now I can feel the burden, and seeing him so weak when I get in the office really melts me. I told my boss that if there can be a chance to change back what I told them (that I need to work on dayshift) then I think this guilt of mine will not be of existence. And now I am to work on the dayshift until the end of December. Professionally, this is okay, but not with my heart's content.

I prayed that I may be enlightened on things. I asked: "Does this has a purpose for me? Why do people need to sacrifice for my personal health?" Then I just thought that Jesus died for our sins. Is this what we call sacrifice?

I just hope that things would go better, and I hope that working on the dayshift will yield me wonders. Before I party a lot at nights, but not this time. Things change .... for the good .... and all I know is that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Phil. 4:13).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home